This is a short video overview of a WebRTC controlled Telepresence Robot that I built using inexpensive components.
I’m William Cooley, welcome to my personal website.
I enjoy finding open-source solutions to technology problems.
Some of my experience includes:
- Linux - Ubuntu and CentOS system administration
- Ansible for deploying applications
- Prometheus monitoring software. Hardware, OS, Networking, Databases and Custom application metrics
- Grafana metrics visualization. Creating custom dashboards for Prometheus datasources
- Physical datacenter operations - PXE machine provisioning / IPMI, BMC, iDRAC management / iSCSI storage array implementation and management
- Cloud / Virtual datacenter - AWS, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, Linode / VMware Vsphere
- Firewall / Routing / VLAN switching / VPN tunneling (Layer 2 / 3)
- Mysql databases - administration, backup, migration, tuning and replication
- Basic understanding of electronics and RF systems - Amateur Radio Technician Class license (2004) / example project
I grew up speaking English and German and have dual citizenship.